- For an easy and delicious appetizer stuff ripe figs with goat cheese, wrap in prosciutto and grill or broil until warmed through. Drizzle with honey and serve warm. In a word: amazing!
- Stuff chicken breasts with cheese, fresh spinach and chopped figs. Bake until chicken is done and serve with couscous or wild rice.
- Eat them on ice cream, sliced into salads, or fresh off the tree.
- Make preserves, chutneys or freeze figs in syrup (http://www.pickyourown.org/figs.htm)
- Share them with friends, neighbors or local restaurants.
August 24, 2009
Figs! Glorious Figs!
It's fig harvest time at Bidwell Botanicals. We love figs but the crop this year is insane! We leave the very top ones for the birds (also because we can't reach them). What to do with all of these luscious fruits? Here are a few ideas: